What is the best product to put in sewer drains to keep tree root out?

+2
  • Sharon Sharon on Dec 22, 2017
    Buy Roebic Root Killer in the plumbing section of your home store. Put it down the toilet..... I do this every fall before the rains, makes drains work so much better http://www.truevalue.com/product/Root-Killer-2-Lbs-/9874.uts?keyword=Roebic%20root%20killer

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 22, 2017
    I did a bit of reading on this topic and found that you could use a good home remedy. The best one I found was copper sulfate. Pour a half cup down your toilet every day for two weeks. That will get rid of the roots completely without harming your trees. Maintenance calls for a half cup every 4 months. You can purchase copper sulfate at your local home improvement store. Hope this helps you. Happy Holidays.

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 23, 2017
    ridex

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 23, 2017
    Yes - copper sulfate.

• Laura Wands Laura Wands on Dec 23, 2017
    agreed- copper sulfate works great. We live in the middle of a forest & ive used this faithfully since we moved here & we have had NO problems. Like Aj stated, every day for two weeks, then just every four months to maintain. I guess the town we live in is too small for Hometalk, as it keeps showing that I’m in Jerseyville, but Jerseyville is over 30 minutes away from us- lol