How can I trim blinds to be the right length?

+2

How to take off the extra bottem slacks of a blind?

• SpudBread SpudBread on Oct 24, 2019

Look at the very bottom piece-- it should come apart- to reveal the bottom ends of the cords, and where/how they are attached. REMOVE the cord end connectors, take off the unwanted slats, re-connect the cord ends. etc. Replace the bottom "finish" piece and you should be fixed. This is how such things "used" to be-- like on mini blinds and so forth. The bottom piece may be hollow with removable ends ... which would slide OFF one direction or another ... Go "hunting," and see what you can discover. GOOD LUCK! I learned all of this when I had to replace worn out cords that raised and lowered the blind slats. That was quite a production, threading the cords around and through everything! I replaced with materials that would never again wear out-- to avoid having to do THAT ever again! GOOD LUCK!!!!  -- just be patient -- you'll get there!

• Mogie Mogie on Oct 24, 2019

Some local hardware stores can trim them.

• Rymea Rymea on Oct 24, 2019

Some have a button on the bottom you pry off. Remember how it all attaches then cut front, back and center cords to the lengths you need.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide Lauren of Mom Home Guide on Oct 29, 2019

This video shows how to shorten horizontal blinds: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veaKoSB_DW8

• Betty Perez Betty Perez on Oct 29, 2019

You don’t have to take my advice

Lay your blinds straight down

get A pair of really good scissors

Measure what you want to keep

and try to cut a straight line Down your blinds

just pull the string out Make sure you tighten it in Not The leight you want it so you can pull your blinds up

Our you could just cut the string at the leight you want it.

You can add a string to the one you just cut off So then you’ll be able to open up your blinds I’m sorry it was so long but have a great night hope I helped