Can I replace the screen door plastic frame on my sliding glass doors?

+3

The plastic frame that is mounted on the main frame of the glass doors has been chipped in several places and will no longer hold the screen in. I need to replace the frame that stays on the main frame....not the screen door frame which is still in good shape as well as the screen.

• Dee Dee on Mar 29, 2019

Yes you can. I did it last year. Lowes and Home Depot sell the frame rods in different sizes. Take your measurements and check them out.

• Char in MT Char in MT on Mar 29, 2019

Thanks.... no Lowes here but we do have a Home Depot I will check there! Thanks for the info!

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Mar 29, 2019

Menard’s Should have it, too. If you have time for some sleuthing, try a nice junk shop, eBay, or Amazon. Happy Spring!

• DesertRose DesertRose on Mar 30, 2019

You might want to replace the whole screen. You won't save much getting just the frame then have to put a screen in it. Just buy the right size at local home improvement and keep extra screen on hand if needed for repairs.

• Lacey Lacey on Mar 31, 2019

I believe I can relate to your situation. I have the same damaged side jamb vinyl channel.

I have searched the big box websites and have not found what I need.

Good luck with your repair/replacement.