Front door (metal) has gaps between the door and frame. How do i fix

+2
Our front door (metal) has a lot of gaps between the door and the frame allowing cold or hot air to come in. How do I fix that?

• DesertRose DesertRose on Dec 02, 2017
    You can buy insulating foam strips that come in rolls to put on the door where you see light or feel cold air. It compresses when the door is shut but tills the gap. If you have a gap between the frame of the door and the wall you need to do a bit more insulating to close off the air. My husband put in better stripping between the frame itself and the wall on ours. Hope this helps if yours is just between the door and frame it is an easy fix. You can find the insulating self stick foam strips at any home improvement store.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 02, 2017
    You can buy different packaged felt, rubber like piping or metal that attach around the inside (where the door meets the frame) of the door frame to keep out the air. It does not show and is not expensive. Directions come with the package. Yes, been there, done that.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 03, 2017
    I would start by replacing the weatherstripping.