How to put a “door” on a closet.

+5
The closet door can‘t open into the room since there’s not enough room. I don’t like bypass doors can anyone help?

• Huntress Huntress on Dec 16, 2017
    How about tension rod and curtains or fabric ? You can have them slide open or use tie backs. Fabric can complement your room.

• If there is room in the walls you can do a pocket door. Or how about a tension rod with a curtain? I did that in my office for the same reason.

• 27524803 27524803 on Dec 16, 2017
    how about a sliding barn door... it can be made from any style door and the rails and roller brackets are fairly easy to install. I have seen the hardware on HOUZZ for about $60, Amazon and Ebay have it too

• I like the curtain idea. You could use a tension rod or hang a curtain rod higher that your door and put the curtains on it. It would look like a window. You could even get a rod that attaches to the ceiling and have long draping curtains.

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 16, 2017
    One thing you might want to consider is the accordion door. Home Depot and Lowes has them and they are really easy to install. Good luck.

• Rpcozine Rpcozine on Dec 16, 2017
    How about a wood slat venitian blind? It opens upward. I like the barn door also.

• Helensquinn Helensquinn on Dec 16, 2017
    You haven't considered a spring-tension curtain rod and drape? I did this recently with an old closet that had an ugly vinyl folding door, like the kind they used to have in the schoolroom coat closet. I used a pretty curtain from Pier 1 and a tension rod from BB&B. It looks pretty, hides the closet contents and is still easy to get to the closet.

• Marjoycek Marjoycek on Dec 16, 2017
    We bought the accordion type doors at Lowe's for 2 rooms we had this problem with. They are a wood grain vinyl, easy to install. Run 30-50 dollars depending on type. We've been very satisfied. Work great!