How do I reattach the top of a cellular shade?

+1
  • Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Dec 28, 2018

Double sided Velcro

• Lisa Lisa on Dec 28, 2018

Hi May! First question I would ask is how did it become detached? Did it all fall down? If so, maybe you just have to reattach the way it was first installed. If it came apart from the original tacking, then you should remove that prior to trying Velcro or other solutions. If you do the double-sided Velcro solution, make sure it's the really sturdy sort and not the sew-in type. You can purchase that on Amazon in rolls or in smaller packages.

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 28, 2018

Hi May: I agree, double sided stick on Velcro should work. You can get it at most craft stores. If the shade is heavy, you can get the commercial type, or put some really good glue, like E6000 on the sticky sides of the Velcro. Let it dry completely before putting the shade back on. Good luck

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Dec 30, 2018

May, I have a cellular shade, you'll need to put the brackets so their on level. Check the brackets on the shade and at the top. If their level they should fit properly. Aloha!