What can I do about my broken glass sliding doors?

My vertical blind slats keep getting broken on glass sliding doors. Wh

• Mad29883817 Mad29883817 on Jul 07, 2018
    That’s common with the vinyl slats might want to invest in fabric ones

• CJ CJ on Jul 09, 2018
    Sondra, if you are thinking about curtains, you can buy one way draw travis rods. They pull a drapery all to one side for a fuller view when open. If you want lighter weight curtains you can hang them on a rod with curtain rings and simply slide the curtain open.
    I like my vertical blinds but as you've experienced, the plastic blinds do break, especially at the hanging holes, even though we are careful opening and closing them. Well, most of us are careful, someone around here can be a bit rough once in awhile. However, I broke one by simply peeping out of the closed blinds! I fixed it by puching a hole in the we other end of the slat and inserting the "new" end into the hanging clip. (A handy hint I found on Hometalk, of course!)

• Pat Pat on Jul 09, 2018
    Had the same thing happen CJ. Hole broke on the end slat on the vertical blind where all the pressure is from using the strings. I patched the hole with white tape and put it in the middle of the blinds and put the middle one on the end....works fine until the end one breaks again. We have had our vertical blinds for about 18 years and still going strong.