Where can i find a door for a 15 year old window?

I thought the bad smell in my bathroom was only the sealant around the tub. But after awhile I realized there was bad mold growing in the window that opens inward. It is between both sides of glass. We are trying to find a replacement without taking entire frame out. Until we find one do you know how to stop the mold in between side by side glass?
q post
Only the door to the small screen is needed. Where can i find the glass door?
  • Susan Oglesby Canny Susan Oglesby Canny on Jun 05, 2017
    Try taking it out and taking it to a local glass shop. Many will make custom window or take it ap and repair it.

• Dorothy Patone Dorothy Patone on Jun 05, 2017
      Thank you Susan I have. I just talked to a local window co. They can't open the frame to replace it. Damage to the top of frame is what let the water in to let mold grow It is too old. It is a vent and the rest of window and frame is in good condition. No need to replace the whole vent.

Sorry to hear that. The only other place I have found luck finding old replacement windows is the Habitat for Humanity ReStore if you have one in your area.

• Pat Ruge Pat Ruge on Jun 05, 2017
    If this were my problem, I would take measurements for a window replacement to one of the big box hardware stores, as well as measurements for the entire door. I believe they will come out and take your measurement if you might be concerned about being exact. Replacing the door can be a bigger problem, or at least more expensive. I had a door replaced w/the glass and ordered from Lowes. As I recall it was about $300 installed and repaired the door frame. They addressed my special needs. i.e. the door had to swing out, which meant the window had to be reversed inside the door, so that I could open the window from the inside.

Pat we found a new one today. It was $70. They wanted $475 to replace the window. Last year we remodeled our house inside and outside. All except the bathroom where the window is. It would have been too much damage to what we had done. Now only door is Great. Thank you!