Asked on Mar 28, 2015

Robern medicine cabinet with sagging mirror doors

by Pbarkey

My Robern (MP24D4FPN) bathroom cabinets door alignment is messed up, and I haven't been able to figure out how to adjust the doors with the three adjustment screws on each of the three hinges. I have side by side units (see photos). They won't close without the top of each hitting each other as they are no longer level. It appears that both doors are pulling from the frame at the top. I would very much appreciate any advice or repair knowledge anybody may have for how to fix the sagging doors.

  6 answers
  • Dolores DeLuise Dolores DeLuise on Mar 29, 2015
    I have the same problem, not only with the custom medicine cabinet but with kitchen cabinets. I'm thinking that all the hardware needs to be removed, the holes filled, and the hardware replaced just above or below. In your case, I believe the entire unit needs to be removed. I have had problems with this hardware throughout the house for the past 25 years, and that's been more or less the solution. I'm looking forward to alternative answers here!
  • Mary Pancake Mary Pancake on Mar 29, 2015
    That center screw should be for an in and out adjustment. I can't tell how the hinge is attached to the door, is it by that one screw? I have similar hinges and the screws that hold the hinge to the cabinet have a slot in them that when you loosen the screws you can move the door up or down. Hope this helps.
  • Debby Debby on Mar 29, 2015
    I had to order new hinges from the company
  • Darla Darla on Apr 03, 2015
    It looks to me like you can fix it yourself. You'll need a level and someone to help hold the door up. As Mary said, you can adjust the screw inside the hinge on the cabinet side until it hangs right. It will probably take a lot of fiddling, but that is what those screws are for.
  • Eleanor Mcnealley-cain Eleanor Mcnealley-cain on Apr 04, 2015
    tighten or loosen one screw at a time, or tighten one at a time
  • Mike C. Mike C. on Apr 26, 2021

    Anyone know what these hinges are called or where I can buy replacement hinges. One of mine broke.