Stainglass repair question

Is there an acrylic product (paint or sheet (?) type) that can be used to repair an old stained glass panel. The entire piece is approx 16"X18" but the small hole is in the middle of the piece. It's in an area that is greenish (yellow tinge) leaf. With stained glass, the minute I hang it, the blemish will become quite noticeable when natural light comes through. I've worked with stained glass and know the nightmare that comes with disassembling it. That's not even in the scheme of things with this very old piece. I'm thinking of using a clear, cut to size tape on the back side and filling it with something until it sets. That's the reason I mentioned, as a question, an acrylic paintable product.

  2 answers
  • V Smith V Smith on Jan 02, 2018
    What if before you hang it you filled the hole with a blend of yellow and green Galery Glass?

    • See 1 previous
    • Lynne Webb Lynne Webb on Jan 03, 2018
      I looked up Gallery Glass and it appears I can get an array of almost sample sizes which is exactly the amount I will need. Thank you for your suggestion.

  • V Smith V Smith on Jan 03, 2018
    That's great. I am glad it will work out for you. It is always nice to keep a treasure from the past.