Where can I find a door frame like this, the heat from the sun damage?

q where can i find a door frame like this the heat from the sun damaged
  10 answers
  • Raymondroy Raymondroy on Aug 09, 2017
    Check with places like Remodelers Warehouse in Fall River, MA. They have quite a few replacement parts for sale, and can probably special order what you are looking for

  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Aug 09, 2017
    Are you talking about the door frame or window frame? It looks like the window frame has been damaged. Can you gently pry off that bottom piece and replace it with wood molding?

  • Lana DiJosie Lana DiJosie on Aug 09, 2017
    Ours isn't as intricate as yours but we had the problem and Home Depot was able to order a new one for us. If you know the brand name of the door take that along with the picture with you to them.

  • B. Enne B. Enne on Aug 10, 2017
    Out of curiousity, do you have a storm door? If so, it really traps the heat. I had to remove mine.
    Good luck finding your piece, the people above have given good suggestions.
    If worse comes to worst, you could try Habitat for Humanity, a custom millwright, or if it is just the bottom straight part, maybe you can find a close match at a window store.

    • See 1 previous
    • B. Enne B. Enne on Aug 10, 2017
      That it true, however I was told by a door company that the warranty on my new front door would be voided, if I kept the windowed screen door, due to trapped heat.

  • C C on Aug 10, 2017
    You must live in the SW. Plastic moldings are not meant for the SW Sun. Melted my plastic solar light too. Just a problem we live with to have all that sunshine

  • Kauai Breeze Kauai Breeze on Aug 10, 2017
    A good carpenter can remove the window portion and cut a new hole in the door for any type of insert. Of course it may be more cost effective and quicker to just replace the door. Measure the actual door and take them to your local home center to see what's available.

  • Cin21825342 Cin21825342 on Aug 10, 2017
    I'd remove the plastic frame and the window. Cut the opening into a rectangle. Then add new glass and frame it in with wood moldings.

  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Aug 10, 2017
    Ronnie, in your area this is what I found. This is a very unusual window, and probably pretty old. You could ask these people if they have someone, or know of someone who could prefabricate the window. I'm doubting you will be able to find one just like it that's already made. Best of luck.

  • Marie Wilson Marie Wilson on Aug 10, 2017
    A good carpenter can pop that out and make a brand new one! Look on the side by the hinges and see if manufacturing tag is there and lookup on computer and see if anyone stocks doors from that manufacturing company or any door from that company or maybe parts! Home depot is great about helping you find stuff! Good luck!

  • Marie Wilson Marie Wilson on Aug 10, 2017
    I think I found the insert you are wanting! Look under windor ( yes with an r not window with a w) windor manufacturing, look under door lites , it's called a , 4 lite gothic arch insert panel ! Product number 5112422104 and the price according to website is $110 ! So yeah w tax and deliver and labor it would be cheaper to buy a new metal door! 😞