Any suggestions on upcycling this amazing piece?

+3
I purchased this mirror at a church fundraiser, the frame & shutters are all wood. It is quite heavy due to the mirror, stands approximately 6’ tall.
q any suggestions on upcycling this amazing piece
We live in FL, maybe a beach motif?
The shutters are all functional. I’m thinking of possibly mod podgeing the shutters w/ a sunrise on the outside & a sunset inside the shutters?
  • Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Jun 15, 2018
    Nice find. I would use unicorn spit.

• Liv Liv on Jun 15, 2018
    If you don't like the finish or think it is to dark, it would look great as a chalky white.

• Tae Tae on Jun 15, 2018
    I would paint it a lighter color maybe beige like beach sand. I would hang it on a wall just maybe 6 inches off the floor and open the shutters and paint the inside of the shutters a bright pop of color so when they are closed it is a subtle but amazing piece and when opened it is a conversation piece.

• Tae Tae on Jun 15, 2018
    Oh and I would add shells for handles/knobs

• Janice Janice on Jun 15, 2018
    Great find. It would look wonderful at the end of a hallway and your idea of painting a faux sun is excellent. Have fun with it!

• B. Enne B. Enne on Jul 01, 2018
    Do you have a spot where you feel you need a window, foyer, hall, bathroom? I would paint it a distressed light driftwood or off-white colour, and put it in that spot.