How can I upcycle an old washboard?

+4

I have my grandmother's old washboard, probably early 1900s that I'd like to upcycle into something, maybe to hang on a wall? It has some graphics on it that is worn off. Any ideas?

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Dec 27, 2018

Annette,. Hang it in your laundry room, and have someone take pictures of you doing different things with laundry. Ironing, spraying a stain, folding laundry, putting in or taking out laundry from the dryer, etc. Hang the pictures around the washboard in small frames. You can hang them also on the board without frames. Aloha!

• Annette Annette on Dec 27, 2018

Hi! Thank you for answering! Unfortunately I only have a laundry closet with stackable washer & dryer. But I love your ideas of hanging pictures on it. You gave me something to put in my idea arsenal. 😀. Thank you! Annette

• Annette Annette on Dec 27, 2018

Hi, I can't believe I didn't check Pinterest! These are great ideas.. Thank you so much! Annette

• How fun! Could you clean up wood around it and use the metal for a message board? Some fun magnets would make a great addition to a mudroom area or kitchen. Good luck!

• Annette Annette on Dec 27, 2018

Hi there! I love the magnet idea! I don't have a mud room, but the kitchen sounds great. I'll have to research how to clean up the metal, but refinishing the wood I can do. I also want to see if I can figure out who the original manufacturer was so I can re-stencil. Thank you so much for answering my question. Annette

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 28, 2018

Hello. I have one that I hung up as is for decor. It looks great!