How would you use this can as a storage vessel?

+29
q how would you use this can as a storage vessel
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 01, 2018
    Cover it with Contact or Paint.

• Paint it, mod podge it with fabric or paper, embellish, cover in contact paper. I would glue or screw on a decorative knob on top.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 01, 2018
    is this canister all metal, or more of a cardboard? or plastic?

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Apr 01, 2018
    Decorate it the way you wish to go with your décor and you should be able to store coffee, tea bags, anything dry that needs a tight cover to stay fresh. Pasta, cookies, candy, whatever you want. You could use it to store pens, pencils, any number of things.

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 01, 2018
    Put stuff in it:) Wallah, it's stored! HAHAHA Actually, I like the way it looks, kind of kitschy. If you must do something, you can get some contact paper from the dollar store. Measure the length and width you want and cut that amount out. Make the length at least 1/2" longer so you won't have an open seam. Place one end of the paper onto the can and be very careful when you wrap it around the can so that it doesn't shift. Put a knob on top and you should be good to go.

• Ann Ann on Apr 02, 2018
    brignt brignt

• Ann Ann on Apr 02, 2018
    I would paint it a bright color and store raisins in it.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Apr 02, 2018
    Dfm has asked the right question, as, if the container is more of a cardboard, or has a cardboard liner, it will be impossible to completely remove the residual oil from the cookies. It will eventually go rancid, and, will be absorbed by whatever you are storing inside.
    Sometimes also, depending on the porosity of the plastic, similar containers originally used in the sale of food containing any fat, will retain oil particles as well, and will therefore also be unsuitable for storing anything else that for the same reason.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 02, 2018
    ive never tried the product.....metal cans get spray paint and a label...homemade coco with raspberry hints.

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 06, 2018
      Stop it Dfm, now I want homemade coco with raspberry hints and I don't have any or know how to make it :( Cough up the recipe!

• Missy Burch Missy Burch on Apr 02, 2018
    You could spray paint it, chalk paint it or decopage it. Plenty of options. Washi or patterned duck tape would work too.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 03, 2018
    i know where there ar Amish dry goods stores....emphasize the dry. The goods are packaged in plastic bags..a bit flimsy. I collect suitable contaniers to put them in. My house hold is me and 3 cats...hard to cook for 1. With the dried goods I can make 1 portion or 20.

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 03, 2018
    Ummm, candy! :) Well, it depends on what you need stored or contained. Maybe pencils, coins, candy, buttons, screws, did I mention candy? You can put a glass in it and use it to display a few flowers. The glass can hold the water without ruining the container, and, of course, you can put jelly beans in it:) But, I like to keep jelly beans in clear glass bottles. Oh, did I say you could put candy in it? You can!

• Teresa Teresa on Apr 03, 2018
    I would find some type of paper with design that matches your need & apply the paped with Mod Podge.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 03, 2018
    I would store sewing notions, buttons, wine bottle corks, paper clips, glass beads or marbles, basically any craft supplies or office supplies. You can also use it for personal care items like bobby pins, barrettes, rubber bans. Finally, make a First Aid kit out of it -- hold band-aids, tape, tweezers, scissors, ointment, etc. OH ONE MORE! Make a beach/pool kit - store lip balm, sun block, bug spray, wet wipes for sandy feet. The options are endless!

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 04, 2018
    I have access to Amish dry goods store...the Amish don’t use modern fridges, cars etc.the goods are dry...think instant soup. They come in thin plastic bags...I save containers to fill with the dry goods, I can peel the label off the bag and put it on another sturdier container. I can make single servings o
    f soup, muffin..no left overs.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Apr 06, 2018
    This looks like the right size for bracelets to me, especially the rubber bracelets with messages on them. ☺️

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 06, 2018
    I collect recipes from various sources..have about 3 binders full...Rasberry coco mix..3 cups instant hot coco mix . 1 package unsweetened raspberry koolaid mix. Combine in a large zip shut bag. Shake unti well mixed. Use 2 heaping tablespoons in a coffee mug of hot water.

Coco mix 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder, 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 10 packets of equal sweetener. Mix all. Use 1/3 cup of mix per mug, add boiling water.

enjoy!

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 08, 2018
      Having some right now! Yum, it's really good, thanks. I, too, collect recipes and read cook books like they are novels. Just me and 1 cat, so I know how hard it is hard to cook for 1. I'm also a vegetarian, 16 years, and thought I'd lose weight by not eating meat. But, when I found out that cookies, cakes and pies don't contain meat, I was in second heaven. A bit pudgy, but happy:) Thanks for the recipe!

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 07, 2018
    This I pad did it again....erased my reply....the recipe I use is on the budget 101 web site. Myo mixes I think is the header...the web page is a bit crowded....

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 07, 2018
    there is also a standard hot coco mix available...a bit less expensive than store bought....depending on where you shop.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 07, 2018
    Budget 101 web site myo mixes should get you to the recipe

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 07, 2018
    See budget 101 web site...make your own mixes.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 08, 2018
    yup def. stutter in the iPad.

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 08, 2018
    The Mel Tillis of computers:)

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 09, 2018
    Your welcome. Have you checked out the budget 101 web site? Many good recipes and clones of restaurant meals.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 09, 2018
    have you checked out the budget 101 web site? many recipes of all types on that site. some things are less expensive to make some are equal in price...some a bit more to make. it just depends on the local grocers.

• Dfm Dfm on Apr 09, 2018
    you may want to check out web site called budget 101....lots of good recipes. there are copycat recipes of restaurant meals, mug meals...make your own convenience mixes i.e. bisquick type mixes. run a cost comparison to the pre packaged. some pre mix you can get on sale less expensive than make your own.