Have an old entertainment center that I would like to repurpose-ideas?

+2
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jun 04, 2017
    I took an 80's entertainment centre and turned it into a cottage style wardrobe for my daughter. Using Annie Sloan chalk paint, replacing the hardware with stiffened rope trim and building sliding barn doors for the top piece from tongue and groove pine. The barn door hardware was made from clothesline pulleys. The bottom doors had fake caning inserts that I removed and replaced with cedar shims glued in place. The new wood pieces were then stained with a steel wool/vinegar solution to 'weather' the wood.

• Jamie Jamie on Jun 05, 2017
    Try it in the garage! It can hold a multitude of items in one space! If you want everything concealed add doors, shower curtains, etc.

• Wanda sinnema Wanda sinnema on Jun 06, 2017
    many these now are are being up cycled: remove the doors. and boxes replace them with thin plywood shelves , placed upon where the glides are. add a decorative trim moulding on the edges. Add favorite baskets for your decor. Paint as desired. Depending on your entry I've seen this as a beachy entry table with baskets to stash the usual front door clutter. I've also seen it in boys bedrooms for their usual "stuff" and a for the Barbie basket, and hair stuff..

• Cathy Cathy on Jun 13, 2017
    Some ideas I liked really well, turning it into a playroom kitchen or life size Barbie house. Cute!

• CJ CJ on Jun 13, 2017
    Use it for storage in craftroom