Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about repurposing piano keys?

+4
I have a set of plastic keys...thinking of using them for a sundial like clock?
  • Sue Lilly Sue Lilly on Jun 04, 2017
    I knew someone who painted flowers on them and framed them

• Suzette Suzette on Jun 04, 2017
    Hi C, I made a dining table that will seat at least 6 adults from my set of keys. If you like this idea, and have any questions, please feel free to ask! :)

• Tammy Tammy on Jun 04, 2017
    They would make a really cool wind chime or mobile. Would be a perfect gift for a music lover. You could decoupage sheet music to a thin board and string them from that.

• Karen Russell Markievich Karen Russell Markievich on Jun 04, 2017
    Hang them from a lamp shade or a "chime" would be cute.

• Suzette Suzette on Jun 04, 2017
    Sorry, I didn't see the "plastic" part of your description. However, you could still make a side table using them. Depending how big they are, you could use a wood spool. Paint the spool or cover with fabric if desired, then hot glue your keys to the the wood then cover with a piece of glass. Here's a project I did, using a clock, but it's the same principle. I also put wheels on the bottom.

• Tea24492026 Tea24492026 on Jul 18, 2017
    Could I possibly purchase one? I want to replace one damaged key on my piano. I am over 70 and need an easy fix to my damaged ivory key. My ex-sister-in-law burned a hole in it about sixty years ago and we did not have money to fix it.