What are some clever uses for the plastic prescription pill bottles ?

+9
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Apr 29, 2017
    Our church collected and donated to a free clinic

• Tammy Tammy on Apr 29, 2017
    Here are a few options I have started to implement with our extra Rx bottles.

1) they make a great and safe disposal storage for disposable razor blades when they are
    placed in the garbage cans for family, pets and the garbage pick up;

2) they make a great storage option for left over planting seeds and you can use a Avery
    label or tape to label the bottle;

3) they make a great and safe storage option for extra nails, nuts, screws and bolts;

4) you can spray paint the bottles and tops different colors, add a small magnet to either the
    bottom or side of the bottles and use them for office supplies like tacts, rubber bands,
    paper clips or wipe off markers and stick them to a painted/stenciled metal sheet or a
    magnetic calendar so they never get lost or junk up your drawer;

5) you can wrap them in wallpaper or contact paper, put a chalk label on them and use them
    for spice bottles;

• Mom5672501 Mom5672501 on Apr 29, 2017
    Decorate the outside with beautiful duct tape and use them for toothpicks, tacks, nails, change, buttons and endless little things.

• Uvet Uvet on Apr 29, 2017
    You can glue a pill bottle lid to a rock...put your spare key in the bottle and stick it in a pot of flowers. Great hiding place!

• Dgreen Dgreen on Apr 29, 2017
    I use them to put used needles from my sewing to protect hands.

• Heidi Shepard-Keen Heidi Shepard-Keen on Apr 29, 2017
    Use them to make a mini er Kit for your purse. A band aid, safety pin, Bobby pin, needle and thread, aspirin, paper clip, chap stick. I've also used mine filled with rice behind frames without easels to lean them against.

• Patricia Patricia on Apr 29, 2017
    Mini sewing kits you can store in glove box and purse. Coin holders for bus rides, or laundromat. Matches for camping or backyard fire pits. Button, beads, paper clips holders. Put Broken jewelry in it for the trip to the repair place. Holds cottonballs, toothpicks, earbuds, earrings, throat lozenges and cough drops, and thumbtacks. You can put spare keys in them and bury them In your front yard with a decorative rock to mark the spot......

• Carol Carol on Apr 29, 2017
    I store odds and ends in mine for the shop. Little items that would get lost. Label them and put magnet on back of them and stick them on a magnetic metal.

• Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on Apr 29, 2017
    If you are crafty, this is what I did one Spring for fun. It's a great idea for kids as long as an adult controls the glue gun!!

But for this post, I will just say you have a lot of things to think about here!!

• Eva Luckinbill Eva Luckinbill on Apr 29, 2017
    Thanks to all. Great ideas!

• Melissa Melissa on Apr 29, 2017
    Well, as a nurse, I would suggest just take them to your local drugstore to be recycled. You could put a small sewing repair kit inside and then label the outside as such and have it available to stick in a purse or bag. Also, tiny first aid kit for on-the-go, place for extra coins. It is just not a good idea to put any other medication in an old prescription bottle as you should always leave any medication in the original container.

• Fauxgal Fauxgal on Oct 18, 2017
    Here area few pictures for you: