What are the tools needed to start a pallet project?

+1
I picked up three pallets and have the want-to-do-something bug, but have no idea what tools I should have to begin. Getting stuck because I don't have what I need will be discouraging. I'm counting on collective wisdom from the DIY community.
  • Chalise Tiffany Chalise Tiffany on May 26, 2017
    You will need a recipricol saw with metal cutting blades to cut through the nails and take the pallets apart. Some people like to use a crow bar, but I have found it way to difficult and the wood splits a lot. You need a circular saw to cut the wood, and a screw driver and screws or hammer and nails to put your project together. I use a drill and screws to put my projects together. Hope this helps 🙂

• B Galloway B Galloway on May 26, 2017
    Yes, thanks!

• C.B. C.B. on May 28, 2017
    My suggestion: I've used the crow bar method, hammer, drill, SANDER, pry bar, chop saw [easier than a hand saw], screw driver, ratchet with the size sockets you need for the bolts & nuts, washers, bolts with nuts, screws & nails...don't forget the stain/paint. ..patience & intestinal fortitude to stick with it...but HAVE FUN!

• Check out 1001pallets.com. Will tell you everything you need to know and more. Plus great project ideas too. Have fun!