What can I do with old drawer fronts?

+13
I just finalized a DIY project, using my old drawers and turning them into planters and there are remaining drawer fronts - I wish I can reuse them too!

And I'll love to hear your thoughts and suggestions for the drawer fronts!

q what can i do with old drawer fronts
  • Delicia Ambrosino Delicia Ambrosino on Jun 01, 2017
    You can paint or leave as is and put decals of your choice on them and use them for folks to hang their coats on. Or, hang your pots on them....now that would look really cool if you have the wall space. How about gluing and nailing 4 of them together and put a bottom on it and walla! another planter. A bird house is another idea.

• CecileH CecileH on Jun 01, 2017
    I would stagger them in a stair step fashion and mount a strip of wood on the back attaching them all together. Repaint to fit your decor and hang them either in your bedroom to hang scarves, purses etc or by the front door to hang keys, dog leashes, umbrellas etc. If you hit the reuse store you can often find odds and ends of wood decorative pieces that fit into corners that could dress them up or even change out the pulls with the old glass, porcelain or metal pulls.

• Ginger the farm gal Ginger the farm gal on Jun 01, 2017
    ^ great ideas, maybe add 3 legs for a plant stand, or triangle table for out side, hang your garden tools on the knobs. Could make book ends out of the three by removing one of the knobs or a shelf

• Caroline O'Hare Caroline O'Hare on Jun 01, 2017
    Put on wall for hanging necklaces etc

• Joanie Joanie on Jun 01, 2017
    I think I would cut them in circles for covers of old Mason jars or ANY jar....an old cookie jar? Rackin' my brain out for you.

• Debbie Debbie on Jun 01, 2017
      Brilliant. Could be placed over baskets, other wooden boxes, terracotta pots, crockery etc.
      Like it.

• Judy Judy on Jun 01, 2017
    Remove the knob,. fashion a cross with material and add a brooch.

• Joanie Joanie on Jun 01, 2017
    Keep me updated........I am soooooo happy you're gonna try my idea......thank you...Yayyyyyyy

• Anne Hayes Anne Hayes on Apr 30, 2018
    In a recent workshop at our local Home Depot we used square pieces of plywood to make a display background for small plants. Rectangles should be fine also. Paint the board in a color of your choice. Attach a holder for the plants just below the center of the board. We used large round adjustable clamps from plumbing supply (I think.) Attach a picture hanger to the back, fill a pot with soil and plant and slide plant into clamp. Hang on exterior wall or interior wall.

• Gloria Ivey Gloria Ivey on May 10, 2018
    Make shelves out of them

• Carol Lewis Carol Lewis on Mar 17, 2019

What did you use to replace the drawer tops?

• Hannah Hannah on Mar 24, 2019

Could have made a drawer front, fence to maybe go in front of a mail box or even a fence style flower bed in the yard. Or ev3n used them and made a small wishing well. I'd think it would be nice. Lol #lovediyprojects. .. p.s. love the drawer planters to adorable. Thanks for sharing.

• Karen Karen on Mar 24, 2019

Use them to hang things on. Ex: garden tools coats, hats, kids toys like hola hoops, jewelry, dress up clothes the list goes on. 😊

• Dorothy Dorothy on Mar 24, 2019

Make it into a plaque for your laundry or kitchen. Leave round knob in place Paint drawer front color to match room. Knob a contrast color. Words on drawer front: Laundry Room, push button for assistance (help), if no answer-do it yourself. Same for kitchen, toy room, etc.

• Janenne Janenne on Mar 25, 2019

use then.as a place tohang: purses, umbrella, backpacks or coats. could put different collars and names on each one for each child if have kids.

or use them.forbhanging hats on or jewelry or keyes by door way.

• Karen | Decor Hint Karen | Decor Hint on Mar 25, 2019

Make a shelf out of them using cool brackets