What can I repurpose an old "taters & onyuns" wooden box into?

+5
I have old country bin that has "taters & onyuns" engraved on lid. What can I do with it? It's all wood.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 13, 2017
    Clean it put drainage holes in the bottom and use it for a planter

• Karen Karen on Jun 13, 2017
    Where's the wording? Is the top angled or flat? How tall is it? If the top is flat you could do some kind of mosaic and use it for an end table. Slanted top you could cover or upholste it and use for a laundry hamper. If it has a door you could make it into a bar cart or for extra storage in the bathroom or even as a night stand.

• Sandra Baker Sandra Baker on Jun 14, 2017
      The wording is etched into the top lid. Has a bottom drawer. I could use ideas for a poolside bar cart.

• Elizabeth Dion Elizabeth Dion on Jun 13, 2017
    You could chalk paint it and use it for towels in your bathroom. Or, how about a coffee center for your kitchen. Maybe a cute little bedside table to hold some necessities. If it's got the metal inserts you could remove them and replace them with fabric or some punched tin. Just some ideas...

• DEBORAH BYRD DEBORAH BYRD on Jun 14, 2017
    My is decorated with a moon face and stars...used to store individual serving size dog and cat food.