How do I cover closet without doors?

+1

the realtor told me to just leave curtains on them or no doors at all. I have the doors but old metal but I was going to paint them and put new knobs on them. He told me not to.

• Dfm Dfm on Jan 28, 2019

your realtor knows what sells- take his advice.

• Dona Dona on Jan 28, 2019

I would put the doors backup, only because if I (buyer) were looking at the house and saw that there were no doors, that would be an added expense for the buyer. If the doors are up, then if the buyer feels they need to replace them, that would be their choice. The buyer may ask for a lower price because of the expense. Or, leave them in the closet so the buyer knows that there are doors to fit the closet.

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 28, 2019

If I was shopping for your house I would want the closet doors where they belong. But if you trust your realtor is doing the best to sell your house listen to what they tell you.

• Leave them in the garage for the new owner. Gives them an option after the house is sold. Just place a post it note on them as to where they belong.