I found these old cabinets ready to be burnt. I think they used to be a part of a dressing table but as I was looking for some tall bedside cabinets, I knew these would work after a little bit of work!! As the wood was old it would be tricky with the bleed through so I didn't use chalk paint. My plan was to use paint, which would seal and cover those ugly bleeds in the process, so I used satin enamel paint from decoart which is meant for furniture just like this! I started by cleaning the cabinets and filling any gaps and damaged areas using wood filler.
I absolutely love fresh flowers, but it can get very costly to keep getting fresh flowers all the time, so faux flowers are next best thing especially when it comes to interiors. I have always loved cherry blossom trees and making one was always on my list to do. Many tutorials were so fiddly and involved lots of paper cutting, I decided to instead do it the easy way. The best thing it is very cheap to do too!
I wanted to create a one of a kind modern piece for our bedroom and when I saw this old table, I knew it was perfect for what I had in mind. As I cleaned it, I noticed the top part was damaged and decided to create a brand new table top from the pallets I had at home.
I took part in Christmas Ornament Exchange and decided to make some cute little Suffolk puff ornaments (or as you may know them - yo-yos) They are easy and fun to make and you can add as much or as little as you like, make them from scrap fabrics and use any shapes and sizes! Here is what I did..
I absolutely love everything robin related, so when I was thinking about a Christmas ornament idea I knew I would use my paper napkins with robins on them. If you read the blog you will see I attempted two types - one with napkins and one with a printed image and both worked great!
We are trying to decorate our living room on a budget so instead of buying new furniture I am trying to paint, upcycle and create a beautiful furniture pieces without spending a fortune. I was after a nice statement piece for our living room but did not have the budget for it, so I tried a new technique, which meant I would get my 'statement piece' but without the hefty prize tag.. Here is what I did..
I have been wanting to try out ombre effect on furniture for ages but was waiting for the right furniture piece to do it. As we were decorating our living/dining room I had a sideboard that was in need of a makeover and I thought it would be a perfect piece to practice this technique. For this project I used Old Fashioned Milk Paint (mixed with extra bond for the 1st coat so it would not chip) and just milk paint for the other two coats. Here is what I did.