After building our concrete patio bar and finishing with an acid wash, it was time to seriously move forward on creating my bar. While out and about, I found an old chicken coop/transport cage at a garage sale down the road for $20 and the 'idea' was born! Did I mention I live in a town where there is 'Tyson Chicken' everything? Hatcheries? Processing, etc? Here, chicken 'anything' is pretty easy to find.
We covered our patio this year and a bar with a sink was a MUST.Since I had just replaced my old kitchen counters, I thought relocating the top, building a base and using concrete as the finish would be easy and inexpensive. It was neither. However, it turned out great and we did enjoy the project. Details below. Here is the acid finish we gave it
I found these fun, colored watering can planters at our local nursery and I HAD to buy them - and flowers for them!
I chose 8 watering cans of different colors and a flower, a vine/other to go in each.
I walked out of the shop spending about $120.
We have the world's ugliest stairwell that USED to have a ceiling mount fixture. The burned out light bulb had NEVER been changed.
As we were doing some renovations in the house, I decided to take down the current dining room pendant light and replace it with a chandelier. Thus, I had a handy, dandy, LONG, hanging light on my hands.
As I tripped down the stairwell for the millionth time, I realized that I could put our used pendant light to good use - in the stairwell. Because of the height and the fact that scaffolding would be required, we opted to have a professional installer come in and change the light. ...
I found an older chandelier on the cheap. I didn't know if it was going to work or if all the pieces were there, but I figured it I could try to make something to go into the big girl's room. I think she is going to be super surprised when she gets home from college for the summer!
What we did this winter..
Our first decision was to put in hard wood floors throughout the house, however, we were going to have to save up for that size of a purchase.
So, we did some lighting, etc. and our floor project turned into a Great Room make over.