This project has been on my list for a while and I can finally check it off. We had plain white curtains from Ikea hanging in our master bedroom. I loved the simpleness of them but I wanted to jazz them up a bit.
We used a Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation Kit to change our kitchen cabinets from light to dark. The kit was fairly easy to use and would use it again. There's just a lot of waiting in between coats to dry. We has used it previously in our master bathroom to try it out first and loved the results. We chose the Chocolate color and used the glaze. We chose to use a paint brush since the instructions recommends using a brush if you are using the glaze. I think the paint lines give the glaze something to hold onto.
I like to look at the West Elm website and catalogs and drool over the nice tables and accessories. I like pretty things but don't think I should pay a fortune for them. I do have things from West Elm but they were on sale and I never pay full price.
My collection of paint sticks was piling up and I wanted to make some wall art with them. Using what I had at home, I was able to create an art piece with colors throughout my home.
We welcomed a little boy into our family. I wanted a space that was functional, happy, and didn't scream baby. I used neutral walls and added pops of color throughout. I hope this is a space he will be happy to grow up in.
I've been on the search for new pillow covers to refresh the family room. I showed you some pillows last week and I've saved some on Etsy. None of them I've pulled the trigger on. Last week I made a run in Target and came across these clearance napkins. There are four in a pack and are 20 inches squared. I knew I could make pillow covers from them. They were the color I was looking for and the pattern was cool too. They were also on clearance.
I am in the process of re-designing my son's big boy room. I used to have Ikea picture shelves on one wall but my son pulled from down while trying to get a book from the top shelf. I removed the shelves until I decided what I wanted to put in their place. My son inherited the Trofast storage bin from his sister. That still left a large blank space over it. I started thinking maybe a map would be good for this space but since I was going for an industrial, rustic feel in his new room, I thought a blue print would be better. I searched online for a car blue print since I was adding a loose cars theme. I found one of an Audi R8. The only thing is, it was in black and white. I wanted it in blue and white to go with the colors in his room. I loaded it into Photoshop and had my husband show me how to change the colors. After I was done, it was perfect.