I needed a lot of storage containers for my new craft room. So how to have storage without breaking the bank? I mod podged newspaper onto shoe boxes. I only used mod podge under the paper, not over, as I didn't want any shine. I also left some Converse boxes plain, but added labels. For more info on how I did that, check out my page.
I'm building a craft room in our basement. I've painted the cement floor with a diagonal checkerboard pattern using floor paint and a dry brush technique. Using a hand-cut stencil 8 in. square, I drew a line along one long wall, the a parallel line along one short wall, then stenciled my first row of squares, making sure two corners of the square touched each of the lines for the first one, the the line and the tip of the previous square for the rest of the row. It is not an exacting method, but I was going for an aged, worn look. I dry brushed the paint on, leaving lighter areas to further create a time worn look. The open square I left in their natural concrete state.
I've been needing new living room curtains for a long time. Finally I tackled the project and I'm in love with the results. This is a large window, so I used a 9x12 dropcloth.
This poor old cabinet almost hit the burn pile, but I plucked it from the brink of death, gave it a lot of love and now it proudly holds my herbs and spices.
I needed something for all the little bits and bobs that don't really fit a catagory for storage. This tin was perfect, but not so pretty. You can read how I "prettied" it up here:
I wanted storage, for my round see-through bead containers, that wasn't too deep. This way I can see at a glance what I have. No digging through containers with tiny little divisions. To read how I made it, visit my blog.
The chicken coop is almost ready! I built the nesting boxes and roost, and spray painted the inside white.To read more: http://www.greenwillowpond.com/2012/09/chicken-coop-progress.html