DIY Wine Picnic Table
Double date anyone???
This was such a fun project! If you have the tools already you only need four supplies.Supplies:
- 1 6' pine board
- 1 4' pine board
- 2 hinges
- stain (this is my favorite)
- Chop Saw
- Router with 1/2 round over bit (optional)
- Hole saw attachment. 2 1/2" (wine glasses) & 4 1/4" (Wine bottle)
2. Cut the side of each whole with your chop saw to allow the glasses to slide right in. He marked where he wanted to cut using a ruler and a pencil.you can see how he did it in the picture.
3. Router the edges- this step is not necessary but it just makes it look nicer. You can buy these for a small fortune online and they are not routered.
4. Using your 4' board cut 2-12" pieces. One side needs a 22 degree angle to go on the board.
6. Attach the hinges. Each pack comes with two. You won't see them so it doesn't matter what color they are. (I just stained around them.)
7. Using your scrap wood, cut a small piece for both sides so your wine bottle so it will sit on it and not fall.
Enjoyed the project?
Resources for this project:See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published October 19th, 2020 5:22 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 17 comments
Lisa Gish Moyer on Oct 22, 2021
This design is easy yet elegant! I love it!
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?