DIY Triangle Shelf With Hooks
These DIY triangle shelves are great for keeping a small space organized & cute! Now I can add these cute shelves to my finished DIY projects!
What You’ll Need for DIY Triangle Shelf
- Miter Saw
- Nail Gun
- Tape Measure
- (1) 1 x 5 x 6′ Pine
- Wood Glue
- 1″ Brad Nails
- Wood Stain or paint
- Screw Hooks
How To Make A Triangle Floating Shelf :
1. Set your miter saw to a 30-degree angle
2. Cut the very tip off your board so you have a 30-degree angle, flip your board & cut again 12″ down.
3. Repeat this until you have 3 pieces that are 12″ long with 30-degree cuts on each end.
4. Set up your triangle, glue & nail together.
5. Once you have your triangle put together, measure where you want your shelf to be. Cut another piece with 30 degree angles that size.
6. Next, glue & nail shelf into place.
7. Screw hooks into the bottom of the shelf (mine are approx 2″ apart), to make this quicker you can drill a pilot hole. Take out screw hooks (replace after staining is complete)
8. Sand out all rough edges & the entire shelf to prepare for staining.
9. Pick your favorite stain & stain!
**You can add your favorite hanging hardware but I’ve just used a nail/screw in the wall with hanging it in the top angle**
This is a highly customizable DIY that can be painted instead of stained, easily made to any size & you can even add a shelf to the interior by measuring and cutting another piece with 30-degree angles again. We even added some flat lego pieces to a few shelves that are perfect for displaying my son’s favorite lego figurines or little creations he makes & would like to display! I like to order LEGO-compatible baseplates from Amazon, for DIYs like this & cut them down to size.
Enjoyed the project?
Resources for this project:See all materials
Join the conversation
William on Mar 04, 2021
Nice looking shelves. I make triangle flag frames/boxes. Same process. Angles are a little different. As long as the angles equal to 90 everything will fit.
Pamela Del on Mar 06, 2021
Yes! I've done some like that too! Such possibilities with simple cuts!
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?