10 WAYS TO USE HOME FRAGRANCE TO ADD LUXURY TO YOUR DAY
If you believe life is all about the small pleasures, you’ll love these 10 ways to use home fragrance to add luxury to your day.
Picture this…. You walk into a well appointed home. It has that freshly decorated look and is neat and clean. There’s art on the walls and pillows lined up on the sofa. The colors are neutral and there’s nothing out of place.
Now picture walking into the same home with fresh baked cookies coming out of the oven!
Infinitely more appealing and inviting, isn’t it? The first was lovely but the second adds a whole new dimension of pleasure to the experience.
It’s impossible to overstate the importance of fragrance in the home. Many of you have told me that you enjoy when I highlight small pleasures, and undoubtedly, adding fragrance to the home is a sure way to add these little luxuries to your life. Let’s take a look at 10 ways to use home fragrance to perk up your day.
1. Aromatic sachets – What a wonderful pick-me-up it is, when you’re rushing hurriedly to get dressed in the morning, to open your lingerie drawer and be greeted by a lovely scent wafting softly into the morning air. These pretty grain sack sachets were sent to me by my friend and I love keeping them in the drawers where I start my day.
2. Rose water – There’s no question, anything that has rose fragrance in it offers a special treat and even the pale blush color sets my heart aflutter. Rose water has many uses but this one is a hydrating mist for the face and it’s utterly delightful. I find it calming just to look at the bottle.
(Find it at this affilaite link: Rosewater)
3. Scented candles – There are people who use candles and people who don’t. If you’re the latter, you must give it a try! I light candles regularly and so the scents I select really matter to me. The really special ones can be costly, but for me worth every penny. I use them when I soak in the tub or just curl up in the den with a book. I use them when I entertain or when I’m home alone on a rainy day. I particularly love the ones that come in decorative canisters, but ultimately I have many favorites and a wardrobe of candles.
4. Fragrant soaps – When I was a kid, this type of soap was put out in the guest bath and no one would think of using them. I still think they look pretty out on display and it’s nice that they add subtle fragrance to the room, but I also love to actually use these soaps. Any time you can elevate a basic daily ritual to a pleasurable experience is a moment I consider a little luxury. The more your home bath resembles a spa, the better!
(Find it at this affilaite link: Scented soaps)
5. Fresh flowers – Of course, the most obvious, and most beautiful way to add fragrance to your home is with fresh flowers. If you’ve spent any time on this blog you know I’m crazy about flowers and made the decision long ago to include them in my grocery budget. I think there’s a simple mindset shift that happens when you make this decision, and something you previously viewed as frivolous becomes as sensible as buying coffee. The more aromatic varieties are often the most pleasant, from lilacs and lilies of the valley to hyacinths and jasmine.
For the next 5 ways to use home fragrance in your home, please visit the blog post at the link below.
And what about those fresh baked cookies? I say go for it, as often as possible! Realtors say to use them to help sell your home, so why not enjoy the heady aroma while you still live there? I can’t think of anything that would be better defined as a little luxury!
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published February 9th, 2018 9:00 AM