How to Clean Natural Shower Tile the Right Way (Marble, Granite, Glass
- Magic Eraser ( Store-bought or Make your Own DIY from the Book )
- Natural Stone Cleaner (Store-bought or Make your Own DIY from the Book)
- Cleaning Towel
- With the magic eraser, rub the areas of bad soap scum. After scrubbing the area with the magic eraser, wipe off with a damp towel.
- Next, spray your stone cleaner all over the surfaces. With a sponge, scrub the area. If you own Chemistry Hacks for Home and Outdoors, I love using the stone/granite “everything” cleaner. It works perfect for this.
- Now, rub with a damp towel.
Enjoyed the project?
Join the conversation
Michael on Apr 01, 2020
Thanks for the advice and the instructions. I really loved how you provided a lot of explanation which shows what I can expect when I'm trying it out for the first time. I'm going to give it a try since my shower tile is in desperate need of attention. Thanks again for the advice.
Cinzia Farley on Oct 22, 2020
I like clean and try to go green. I have learned a lot from reading different ideas for cleaning. Am I the only one that is not going to be scrubbing a shower right after taking a nice hot shower??? Using a squeegee is one thing but scrubbing not once but twice?? No.. I'm either too lazy or enjoy my showers too much.
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet on Oct 25, 2020
You should head to our website for the science behind this post, but also all of our cleaning posts :) I’m an investigative chemist, so it’s all about truth and science based cleaning methods that work the best....
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?