DIY Air Freshener Discs
These handy dandy air freshener discs made with baking soda and essential oils smell fantastic and will help with the smell around the house, office or in the car. Say good bye to chemical filled fresheners!
This baking soda air freshener diy creates lovely, enjoyable discs that are natural and safe for your home, your family and the environment! These air freshener discs are very easy and pretty quick to whip up and can easily be customized with scents of choice, dried flowers or spices.
- baking soda
- Baking paper
- Essential oils of choice
- Dried flowers, optional
- Muffin tin
- Mix baking soda and water into a thick paste.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture into a muffin tin lined with baking paper. Fill each tin about 1/4 of the way.
- Pop the tray in the oven and bake at 350 F = 180 C for 20 minutes or until dry and firm.
- Allow the disks to cool and top with 3-4 drops of essential oil of choice (or a blend). I used a blend of lemon, lavender and thieves (2 drops lemon, 2 drops lavender, 1 drop thieves per each disc). Add more essential oils to refresh your discs.
- Sprinkle with dried flowers if you like.
- Keep unused discs into an airtight jar.
Use discs as needed around the house.
Enjoyed the project?
Resources for this project:See all materials
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published June 8th, 2018 3:10 PM
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?
3 of 9 questions
Join the conversation
2 of 4 comments
Once you set them out how long does the scent last
Can these be laid in a drawer with clothes? Any staining?
How do you cut the baking paper so it fits in the muffin tin? Do you cut a circle or a square?