Decorated Candles Easy Home Decor
These ribbon candles are good for more than just light and scent, super adorable and a great way to express your creativity, on the budget!
Making your own decorated candles is a great idea for all kinds of occasions, from weddings to birthdays, holidays or outdoors parties.
You can use any kind of candles that come with a holder; as long as you keep the cost at minimum as I did with these decorated candles, you’re good to go with pretty much any candle.
- A candle with holder that you have around the house (a large size was used here) or purchase an inexpensive one
- A roll of medium sized twine
- Decorative burlap ribbon.
- Thin ric rac in green
- Glue Gun
- Glue sticks
Start at the very bottom, outside edge of the candle and use the glue gun to apply a row of twine.
Continue wrapping the twine and gluing it to the jar in even rows.
Once you get a little more than halfway up the candle, snip the twine and securely glue the end down on the twine and jar.
Wrap the burlap ribbon around the jar and carefully trim it to a little longer than the circumference of the jar.
Use the glue gun to secure the top and bottom of the ribbon around the jar making sure that it is adhered in a straight line. When you get to the opposite end, trim any excess and glue both ends down together.
Take the ric rack and glue it to the center of the lace that is inside the burlap ribbon.
Continue wrapping the rest of the candle and stop at the top, outside edge.
Light and display!
Enjoyed the project?
- Candle holder (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=large+candles+with+clear+glass+holder&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Alarge+candles+with+clear+glass+holder&_encoding=UTF8&tag=thsemo-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=40fb5496b10ad03f1246f62806c8f67b&camp=1789&creative=9325)
- Burlap ribbon (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=burlap+ribbon+with+lace&_encoding=UTF8&tag=thsemo-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=fa3fce0c9b6b09b32cf14ba8b876203a&camp=1789&creative=9325)
- Green ric rac
- Glue gun
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published April 10th, 2018 1:08 PM
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?