Easy Halloween Decor: Blood Clot Tablecloth
Ready in no time flat, this easy to make blood clot tablecloth adds the perfect touch of creepy and spooky to your Halloween party table decor!
• Lay tablecloth out in a well-ventilated area (outside is great) and fold in half (you can do the whole tablecloth at once if you have a big area to lay the tablecloth).
• Pour paint onto paper plate.
• You want to place your hands in that red latex paint. You can put on latex gloves if you like, or keep your hand uncovered. Make certain you cover your palms and fingers with the red latex paint, and then press your hand along the tablecloth in different places. You can stagger the handprints, cluster them, or space them precisely - whatever you prefer!
• Repeat until you are satisfied with the appearance of your tablecloth.
• Wash hands.
• Now, take a paint brush and dip it in the red paint. Splatter the paint onto tablecloth with a flick of the wrist, or drip the paint to make the paint look like splattered blood.
• Allow to dry. Do not use a hair dryer to hasten as the plastic could melt. (If you are doing this on a cloth tablecloth, you could use the hair dryer at low temp, not too close to the paint.)
• Repeat for the other side of the tablecloth.
• Once both sides of the tablecloth are dry, place on a table. Or you can use to hang in windows with lights behind them to make it look like zombie windows.
• This is a super easy, fairly quick, Halloween tablecloth decor upgrade to make your Halloween table more interesting. If you are having a Halloween party, or simply decorating your table for Halloween, give this simple craft project a try! You will be surprised at how much spookier it makes your table!
- 1 White Plastic Tablecloth
- 1 True Red Acrylic Craft Paint (close to blood)
- 1 Paint Brush
- 1 Paper Plate
- 1 Latex Glove (optional)
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published October 7th, 2018 9:13 AM