My $8 Spooky Halloween Wreath!
I repurposed an old wreath with some paint and dollar store flowers and Halloween decorations. I think it's spooktacular and perfect for your treat-or-treaters!
I bought three bunches of flowers, a twin pack of spiders, and glittery skull - all from the dollar store!
First, I spray painted an old fall wreath using black paint. I covered as much as I could but knew I wasn't covering it all.
I then added battery-operated fairy lights with a five hour timer. Next, I cut the flower bunches apart so I ended up with individual flowers. Then I added the flowers. The wreath was an old straw wreath so I used a screwdriver to poke holes in which to insert the flower stems. I used fishing line to tie on the skull and spiders
Heres the finished product. At first, I thought I'd touch up the leaves so none of the old colors showed but after I arranged it I kind of liked the oranges, reds, and browns peaking through. I thought it gave it a "dying" look that is perfect for Hallowee.
- Old straw fall wreath (On hand)
- Black spray paint ($3 at Meijer)
- Battery-operated fairy lights (Amazon ( don't remember how much - I bought a box of six a while back.)
- Silk flowers (3) ($1 each - Dollar Tree)
- Twin-pack of spiders ($1 - Dollar Tree)
- Glittery skull ($1 - Dollar Tree)
- Fishing line (Stolen from hubby's tackle box)
Published September 17th, 2017 2:25 PM