Patriotic Bunting Banner
This easy to make patriotic bunting is perfect hanging decor for Memorial Day, Independence Day, or any patriotic holiday.
You can find plain bunting like the one we used here at most craft stores. For the paint, feel free to use fabric or regular acrylic craft paint. Either works fine on this fabric.
1. Begin by placing some red and blue craft paint on a paper plate. The paper plate will act as your pallet.
2. Lay the bunting banner out flat. Place some newspaper under the bunting to catch any paint that may run through as you stamp.
3. Dip the end of the wine cork into the red paint. Smooth the paint out with your finger to take off any excess and prevent large blots.
4. Press the wine cork to the bunting banner triangle. Press firmly and release so the imprint can be seen. Repeat with the blue paint, making as many polka dots as you wish.
5. Once you have created the polka dots and covered the bunting as you wish, allow it to dry thoroughly. This can take up to several hours.
6. In the meantime, cut some craft felt into strips. You can do any length and width of your choosing.
7. Tie the strips in between each of the triangles. Pull tightly into knots. We added two to three strips in between each triangle but you can use any amount of your choosing.
8. Your bunting banner can now be hung. Either tie the ends up to display or use push pins to secure it into place.