Unique Christmas Greetings With This 3D Christmas Card
Craft a special Christmas greeting and let the snow storm in this special 3D Christmas card, filled with winter wonders such as Christmas trees, snowflakes, Christmas elves and more. Use various cutting dies, a transparent dome, different colours of cardstock, stars and ribbon to create beautiful scenes and snowy landscapes - simply idyllic! Send the 3D cards to your loved ones or hang them on the Christmas tree as special handmade baubles.
Use the Cut ’Em Easy machine to cut out a circle with scalloped edges, a little larger than the perimeter of the transparent dome.
Cut little houses, trees and a gnome out of different colours of Florence cardstock.
Create a scene by layering the individual parts on top of one another: starting with the patterned paper at the bottom with the pattern facing up, then the cut-out houses and trees on top. Use a circle stencil the same size as the dome or a little smaller to cut out all of the layers in one go.
Punch out the snowflake and stick all of the figures down using foam tape for added depth.
Stick everything onto the scalloped circle and add some rhinestones for some extra sparkle. Place some snow and stars in the centre of the card.
Apply glue to the edges of the plastic dome and and stick it to the card.
Create a pendant by fastening a lace ribbon and jute twine to the ornament.
Enjoyed the project?
- Plastic ball 2 parts 10cm x5
- Vaessen Creative • Cut'Em easy cutting & embossing machine A5
- Vaessen Creative • Cutting dies circles scallop
- Vaessen Creative • Cutting die circles
- Confetti 6mm 60g stars silver
- Florence • Cardstock texture A4 Eggplant
- Marianne Design • Shaker snow 50g
- Florence • Cardstock texture 30,5x30,5cm Clay
- Vaessen Creative • Craft punch snowflake medium
- Florence • Cardstock texture 30,5x30,5cm White
- Vaessen Creative • Cutting die gnomes city
- Vaessen Creative • Cutting die gnome
- Vaessen Creative • Cutting die forest
- Kaisercraft paper 30,5x30,5cm Mint wishes flanelette
- Rhinestones round 6mm x60 crystal
Join the conversation
Kara Wurtzel on Dec 08, 2019
Aww! I love these, so sweet!
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?