Easy Fall Leaves Banner – No Sew!
This easy fall leaves banner is so incredibly simple to make. You don’t have to sew and you don’t even need glue! All you need is some dollar store fall leaves and our free printable pattern.
Using our free template that you print from your computer, you will be able to cut out words from the colorful faux leaves.
Helpful Tips to Make This Fall Banner
- While I was able to find oversized dollar store fall leaves, you might not be able to find the same size. The pattern can be scaled on your computer to fit the size of leaves that you have.
- You could use this same concept with different words.
- Dollar Store Leaves – 4 extra-large leaves (the ones I used are 9” X 6”)
- Ribbon (36″ for banner length, additional scraps for decoration)
- Fine Tip Permanent Marker
- Craft Knife
- Self-Healing Mat (or piece of cardboard)
- Free “Fall” Pattern (see link in intro)
Print out the “Fall” letters template and cut out each letter with the scissors.
Trace each letter onto one of each of the leaves using a permanent marker with a thin point.
To cut out the letters, place a leaf on the self healing mat. Trace around the pattern with a craft knife. This might not be a perfect cut, so you can then go in and clean up the edges with scissors.
For the letter “a,” you won’t be able to cut out the center of the letter. So just disregard that part in the middle (in fact, you don’t even have to trace it if you don’t want to).
Cut a three-foot length of ribbon. Starting with the letters “a” and “l” in the center of the banner, tie the leaf to the ribbon with a double knot. You can space out the letters however far apart you’d like.
Keep in mind the further out you space them, the more ribbon you will need.
Continue with the letters “f” and “l” to finish.
Tie colorful ribbon scraps to the stem of each leaf. These can be different colors or patterns. I used about 4-6 different scraps per leaf, but it’s up to you.
You might also like my easy tin can pumpkins craft. I hope you check it out!
Enjoyed the project?
- Artificial leaves (Dollar Tree)
- Ribbon (Amazon)
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?