Spring DIY Mini Wood Sign | Tiered Tray Signs
I am so ready for Spring! What about you?
Today I will show you how I used a .75 picture from Dollar General and turned it into this adorable tiered tray mini wood sign for my Spring tiered tray. I love this mini wood sign. It's simple to make and so stinking cute sitting on a tiered tray or bookshelf.
When I started my DIY adventure I was making large wood signs. They were big, bulky, and cost a lot to ship because of the weight. I really love making these mini wood sign. They are small and easy to work with and the shipping is almost nothing.
- I removed the metal Family from the picture and sat it to the side. I will be using it for another project later.
- I removed the paper from the picture using rubbing alcohol and a scrapper.
- I used white chalk paint and painted the picture. It took 2 coats for even coverage.
- I used Tumbling Tower Blocks from Dollar Tree and Americana Antiquing Wax to create the frame.
- After the wax dried I glued the Tumbling Tower Blocks to the sign with hot glue.
- I created this cut file using Inkscape and then uploaded the file to Design Space.
- I sized the cut file to fit my sign and cut the vinyl using my Cricut.
- I layered the vinyl on the transfer tape and applied it to my sign.
- I applied Gloss Mod Podge to the sign to give it a finished look and to help protect it.
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR THE FULL TUTORIAL
Mr. Cottontails Carrot Patch Tiered Tray Sign turned out so stinkin' cute!
*** Carrot Patch Cut File or Pre-Cut Viny
Dollar Tree Items Used:
- Tumbling Tower Blocks
- Other Items Used:
- Americana Wax
- White Chalk Paint
JOIN THE FAMILY to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers.
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine, and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.
Enjoyed the project?
- Small Picture (Dollar General)
- Tumbling Tower Blocks (Dollar Tree)
- Americana Antiquing Wax (Amazon)
- White Chalk Paint (Walmart)
- Mr. Cottontails Carrot Patch Cut File (Designs By Gaddis)
Join the conversation
Gladys on Feb 23, 2021
Very cute! I’m trying to get rid of a lot of craft materials so that I can get some traveling in for awhile!
Dawn @ Designs By Gaddis on Feb 23, 2021
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?