5 Minute DIY Valentine's Day Hello Kitty Heart Wreath
I recently purchased some really cute Valentine's Day decorations from Dollar Tree. One of the cute decorations was this hanging glitter foam heart shape decoration. It was pretty on its own, but I thought it would make a cute wreath. I also had a cute Hello Kitty figurine. I was going to use it for a DIY Hello Kitty snow globe, but I changed my mind. It only took 5 minutes to assemble a cute Valentine's Day Hello Kitty Heart Wreath.
Here is the cute Dollar Tree Hanging Foam Heart Decoration.
- 1 Hanging Foam Heart Decoration
- Mini Artificial Pink and Purple Flowers of your choice
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Scissors (Not in the Picture)
- 1 Glitter Pink Cardstock or Cardstock of your choice
- Pen or Pencil (Not in the Picture)
- A cute plastic figurine of your choice. I love Hello Kitty so I used a Hello Kitty figurine. :)
Here is a closer snapshot of this adorable plastic Hello Kitty Figurine. I purchased this from ebay for less than $9.00.
1). Turn over the glitter cardstock on the white side. Place the foam heart decoration on top of the cardstock. You are going to use the inner part of the foam heart decoration as the template. With a pencil or pen, trace the heart shape on the cardstock.
And here is how the traced heart should look like on the cardstock.
2). With a pair of scissors, cut slightly larger than the outlined heart cardstock (as shown in the picture). You do not want to cut at the line because it will make the cardstock too small to glue to the heart foam.
After cutting the cardstock, this is how it should look like in the front.
3). The next step is to use the hot glue gun to glue the heart shaped cardstock to the back of the hanging foam heart decoration.
And here is the front view of the cardstock and hanging foam heart decoration.
4). Next, glue the plastic figurine to the center of the cardstock.
5). The last step is to glue the mini artificial flowers around the plastic figurine.
And your cute Valentine's day wreath is ready to hang! I hope you will try this simple project. You can use any cute plastic figurine that you want for your own wreath.
- Hanging Heart Foam Decoration (Dollar Tree)
- Artificial Pink and Purple Flowers (Amazon)
- Glitter Pink Cardstock (Amazon)
- Plastic Hello Kitty Figurine (Ebay)