DIY Farmhouse Wreath Plus How to Get A Farmhouse Look in Your Home
Learn how to make a DIY farmhouse wreath with beads. This beautiful modern farmhouse wreath for your front door is simple to make, and it’s easy to change the greenery to fit your home’s colors or to change for the seasons.
You can decorate your home with a farmhouse style decor by making this easy farmhouse wreath. This DIY farmhouse wreath is perfect for your front door or to hang in your home. It looks beautiful displayed over a fireplace and mantel as well as over a piece of furniture, such an entryway or side table. If you use this wreath on your front door, however, it works best on a covered porch or on a door that is protected by a screen door.
The beaded wreath form for this project. is available in two sizes, 14 inches and 18 inches, so this is a large rustic farmhouse wreath that fills a large area with minimal supplies. I liked the unfinished look of the beads for a farmhouse style wreath, so I did not paint them. You could easily customize this farmhouse decor by painting the wooden beads either by hand or with spray paint.
Let’s get started learning how to make a simple wreath using a beaded wreath form. Plus discover more farmhouse wreath ideas to make your own decorations.
You will need the following material to craft this modern farmhouse wreath decor:
- Beaded wreath form: This is available in 14 inch diameter or 18 inch diameter. Choose the size that will fit your space best.
- Tan bow: I used a ready made bow for this easy wreath idea. However, you can make your own with tan fabric or burlap ribbon. You might consider using burlap and lace for a rustic farmhouse wreath decor.
- Flower bushel: I used a premade floral bushel to make this farmhouse style wreath very easy, but you can create your own flower bunch if you prefer. I used ferns, lamb’s ear, and small white flowers.
- Hot glue gun and hot glue: If you don’t already own a hot glue gun, you can get hot glue guns and hot glue sticks from the Dollar Tree.
- Wire cutters: Wire cutters or sharp utility scissors are needed to cut the greenery down for the wreath.
Here is how to make a DIY farmhouse wreath with beads in 10-minutes or less:
- Start by removing the faux ferns from the stem. Mine popped right off, but you might need wire cutters for yours.
- Then use hot glue to attach the greenery and flowers to one side of the beaded wreath form. Carefully press down to attach the greenery.
- Next, use the wire cutters to cut off some of the lamb’s ear sections and eucalyptus sections from the floral bush. Use hot glue to attach them to your DIY farmhouse wreath with beads. I layered mine above the ferm pieces.
- Cut off the white flowers with the wire cutters. Then glue those on top of the greenery. If needed, you can tie raffia or floral wire around the flowers and beaded wreath form for extra support. Finally, add the bow. Mine had a wire twist tie on it, but you can also add some hot glue to secure it into place.
For more farmhouse style wreath ideas, check out my DIY fall farmhouse wreath and winter wreath.
Enjoyed the project?
Resources for this project:
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?
Join the conversation
Rebecca D. Dillon on Apr 08, 2021
Kathy Kovacev on Jul 21, 2021
This is very cute but you didn't tell where you got the beads from , and what size they are. Thanks for sharing. I love it.
- See 1 previous
Rebecca D. Dillon on Jul 21, 2021
Hobby Lobby sold them at the time the post was put out. You may be able to find them at other craft stores as well. Otherwise google has tutorials to make your own.
Carolyn French Johnson on Nov 16, 2021
Amazon has those beads also!
What size are the beads?