How To Make A Valentine Wreath
It’s Valentine’s week!
Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day?
I have to admit, I don’t decorate a lot for Valentine’s Day, but I found an amazing wreath I wanted to try.
It’s a rag wreath. Have you ever made one?
They are so easy, inexpensive and fun to make!
For this project you will need:
1 - 12 inch wire heart shaped wreath
1 yard of fabric
1 spool of narrow ribbon
1 - 3 inch wooden heart
1 red paint - can be spray paint
1) I started this project by preparing the wooden heart. Since the heart needed to be painted, I did this step first so it had time to dry.
I drilled a small hole in the top of the heart. Next, I painted the heart with red paint, using some chalk paint I had on hand. If you don’t have any paint, you can buy spray paint or a small bottle of acrylic paint. Once both sides were painted and dry, I set the heart aside until I was ready for it.
2) Next, I needed to cut the fabric. I used a red and white ticking fabric for my wreath. Your strips of fabric will need to be 1 ½ inches wide by 8 inches long. If you use the ticking fabric you can cut or rip the strips. Once the strips are cut into 1 ½ inch wide pieces, you then need to cut them into pieces 8 inches long.
3) Once the fabric is cut, you can start adding it to the wire wreath. Fold the fabric in half and use a knot to tie around the wire frame. Do this until you have completed each ring around the wreath.
4) Once the fabric is on the wreath, the last step is to add the red painted heart. I used an ⅛ of an inch wide ribbon and slipped it through the hole. If you have trouble getting into the small hole, use an embroidery needle to feed the ribbon through. I hung the heart, in the center, from the last row of wire. I also used the same ribbon to hang the wreath.
That’s all there is to it! It's a very easy project and one that will add a festive Valentine touch to your home decor.
I hope you love making yours as much as I did mine!
- 1 yard of fabric (Amazon)
- 1 wire heart wreath frame (Amazon)
- 3 inch wooden heart (Amazon)
- 1 spool of red ribbon (Amazon)
- Red paint (Amazon)