Petal Pumpkin Wreath
As far as wreaths go, we’ve had quite a few awesome tutorials on Grillo Designs from some very talented crafters. This burlap pumpkin wreath is no exception! Keep reading for Laura’s step by step how to, you are going to love this one!
This one was created by Laura from Ohanalee - and its perfect for fall!
- 1- 14″ straw wreath form, alternatively foam wreath could also be used!
- 4- rolls of 5.5 inch by 15 ft orange Burlap ribbon (you can buy burlap by the yard but I find cutting the squares from the ribbon rolls much easier)
- 3- Boxes of Floral Greening Pins
- Rotary cutter and cutting board
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Sewing pins
OPTIONAL: Fall Embellishments to decorate
- 1- roll of mossy green chicken wire ribbon
- 1- roll of wired green burlap ribbon
- Natural Jute burlap leaves and artificial fall leaves
- jute wrapped floral wire
- Fall Berry floral wire
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Unroll your burlap ribbon and fold corner over to measure out a square. You will be cutting several 5.5″X 5.5″ squares from these rolls of burlap.
2. Fold your cut squares corner to corner
3. Then take one outside corner and fold it down to the bottom corner
4 . Take your floral greening pin and pin the petal to the wreath form.
5. Fold and pin your next burlap petal next to, but semi-overlapping your first petal. Keep folding and pinning
You should end up with this
6. Next create your stem and add on your fall embellishments with a glue gun
And you are done!
Head to the blog link at the bottom of this post to see the completed wreath - with more in depth instructions and step by step photos
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published October 12th, 2018 2:36 PM
2 of 82 comments