Christmas Birch Centerpieces (DIY)
Not sure what to do with all of those left over round containers from all of the holiday festivities? Don't throw them away! Here is a simple holiday DIY center piece project.
Easy Holiday Centerpiece!
Oatmeal and nut containers work great.
Using a putty knife, spread a coat of Wood Icing® Textura Paste onto the entire surface.
You will need a foam roller. Remove the foam and wrap a rubber band around the surface.
Roll all the way around the container creating texture.
Let it dry and give it a light sanding to remove any high spots. Then stain it. I used General Finishes Espresso Stain. Let it dry.
Using a dry brush technique, paint with Pure White Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan. Leave some of the Espresso Stain peaking through.
Enjoyed the project?
- Round containers (grocery store)
- Wood Icing® Textura Paste (http://fauxstudiodesigns.com/)
- General Finishes Espresso Stain (Woodcraft)
- Putty knife (hardware store)
- Foam roller, rubber bands, chip brush (hardware store)
- Pure White Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan (http://fauxstudiodesigns.com/)
Published December 6th, 2016 4:53 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 69 comments
Monica McGahan on Mar 29, 2020
Yes doing this project for spring farmhouse decor!
Nancollards on Mar 19, 2022
Thanks Stacey, it's perfect and perfectly simple! LOVE BIRCH. And your awesome craft idea is still appreciated in Spring of 2022 😁
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?