Dollar Store Christmas Gnome
Gnomes are still popular for decor year round but I especially like the ones I've seen for Christmas! They're so cute but since buying them can be expensive, I decided to make a quick and easy one with items from the dollar store and you'll never guess what I used for the beard! Okay, you may guess but I was pleasantly surprised with how cute it turned out.
This is the finished gnome. I still haven't given him a name but you can see for yourself just how cute he is and, he's totally customizable with just a few simple changes.
First, let's gather our supplies!
- Styrofoam Cone - I used a medium-sized cone but you can go smaller or larger or even choose to make different sizes of gnomes for one giant display
- Cute fuzzy socks
- Wooden ball for nose - a colorful pom pom would work as well
- Jingle bells for the gnome's cap
- Mop - you'll want to get the old fashioned braided cotton mop. The kind you slap around on the floor and make a mess with (this may just be my experience, but I think you know what I mean)
- Good sharp scissors
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Remove mop head from mop handle. This will make maneuvering the mop head so much easier. I have been known to not do this step and start a chain reaction of knocking things over as I swing the mop around.
- Cut off the mop head braids from the knot at the top. You'll use approximately one half of the mop head for each gnome.
Next, start gluing the mop head fibers/braids all the way around the styrofoam cone about halfway down.
Next, add the sock cap and nose and tie on a jingle bell for good measure!
Get the full printable tutorial at The How-To Home! https://thehowtohome.com/diy-dollar-tree-gnome-for-christmas/
Thanks so much.
Enjoyed the project?
Resources for this project:
Join the conversation
Miss Daisy on Dec 10, 2021
Love love love love it !!!!!!!!!
Mary Beth @ The How to Home on Dec 10, 2021
Thank you, Miss Daisy!
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?