Shabby Christmas Table Tree
If you like ribbons and you know that you have so many cuttings, you will probably like the idea of this tree.
Decorate a polystyrene cone with ribbon and lace cuttings and make a shabby chic Christmas tree to decorate a corner in your house or place it on top of a table this season.
Embellish with buttons and rivets or add any other small embellishment to match Christmas decoration style.
Cut the jute fabric in 2cm width stripes. Cut the ribbon and jute stripes in lengths of 8 to 12cm.
Fold the cuttings in half in a curvy way, forming “ribbon drops” and glue. You can use fabric glue or just your hot glue gun.
Start gluing the ribbon drops on the polystyrene cone starting from the bottom and using the longer ribbons first. Mix the designs, adding lace and ric rac trimmings as you go, and continue covering the cone to the top.
When the cone is covered, set the metallic star and round stud rivets and the buttons decorating the ribbons.
Use the ric rac trimming to cover the peak of the cone and glue a wooden star.
Glue wine corks to the bottom of the cone (adjust the height by cutting one of them) and add hot glue in the porcelain bucket to set the tree in.
Place the tree in a porcelain bucket for a more elagant look or use a ceramic pot, tin or basket. Simple and easy to make, and definitely one of its kind.
- Knorr Prandell Polystyrene Cone – 20cm (Buddly Crafts)
- 15mm Stripe Buttons (Buddly Crafts)
- May Arts 16mm Organic Cotton Stripe Ribbon red (Buddly Crafts)
- May Arts 20mm Chevron Stripe Twill Ribbon red (Buddly Crafts)
- Buddly Crafts 9mm Ric Rac Trimming 3m – Ivory (Buddly Crafts)
- Knorr Prandell White Porcelain Bucket – 7.5cm x 8cm (Buddly Crafts)
- Knorr Prandell 100cm (90″) wide Jute Hessian Fabric (Buddly Crafts)
- Buddly Crafts 15mm Stars Metal Claw Stud Rivets (Buddly Crafts)
- Buddly Crafts Wooden Buttons (Buddly Crafts)
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published November 6th, 2017 5:11 PM
4 of 32 comments