Did Somebody Say OMBRE?
I had already started this project when I realized I never took the BEFORE picture. Take my word for it, these two planter/pots were destined for the dumpster.
So this is the planter when I have already wrapped it in rope using hot glue, as I wrapped the rope around the pot. Moving slowly.
I gave the entire surface of the rope a coat of primer.
Then using what was left of a quart of yellow paint from a previous project I started painting the pot from the top, and then I shifted gears. Nope that was Not gonna give me the look that I was after.
So I RE started from the bottom with the sunflower yellow paint. I painted a few rows of the rope and then lightened the paint with some white paint until I got the contrast of color that I was happy with.
Again I painted that for a couple of rows. Added more white, another couple of rows. A few more rows and the last add of white paint. Painted the lightest color all the way to the top of the flower pot's lip.
After everything was dry, I was in the garden potting up my petite sunflowers
And here is my upcycled flower pot in the garden. It makes me smile.