How to Create an Easy Pickled Finish
An easy pickle finish using Vintage Effects Wash from DecoArts.
This would make a great garden tool holder, picnic caddy, or my favorite…
a Craft Tote.
I had this unfinished wood tote that I wanted to use the new Vintage Effect Wash on. My first thought was to just give the tote a cool white wash using the paint. But after further thought, and a little experimentation, I decided to warm up the look. I did this by staining it with a Walnut Gel Stain first. I think it really rounds out the tool box. I really love the way it turned out.
DIY Pickled Crate
Supplies Used: (*affiliate link)
- Unfinished Wood Crate
- DecoArt Americana Gel Stains Paint, Walnut
- Decoart Vintage Effect Wash Grey*
- Decoart Americana Decor Stencil, Live*
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint, White Birch
- Stencil Brush
- Removable Painter’s Tape
- Clean Soft Rag
- Lightly sand the wood crate if necessary.
- Paint or brush crate with DecoArt Americana Walnut Gel Stains Paint.
- Rub off excess stain with soft clean rag. Allow stain to dry.
- Apply Decoart Vintage Effect Wash Grey onto crate with brush allowing the stain to show through. Wipe with clean soft rag if necessary. (It’s that easy!)
- If desired, add stenciling onto the crate. Apply a sealer to protect the finish.
The Love Beyond Words Pickled Crate was sponsored by DecoArts.
Enjoyed the project?
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published July 25th, 2017 10:47 AM
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?