Lavender Lemon Honey Soap
Making your own soap is simple and fun. You can choose from a selection of endless scents and a variety of soap bases to make it your very own. Handmade soap is a great gift for family and friends and you can easily customize each bar to make it special and personalized. For this project we used melt and pour soap bases, which you can find at your local craft store, dried lavender, honey and lemon zest.
So you want to make soap? First decide what scent you would like.
Gather your materials!
Cut soap into smaller chunks and place in a glass bowl over boiling water. Stir frequently until thoroughly melted; zest lemon and set aside
Once soap base is melted add your lavender and lemon essential oil and mix. Next add lavender buds, lemon zest and honey and mix together thoroughly.
Pour the soap into silicone molds on a flat surface and mix once more
Let soap cool for 3-4 hours, then peel from silicone and let stand for another hour on flat surface
- 1 package of melt-and-pour soap base (Michael's)
- 1 lemon rind, zested (Grocery Store)
- 3 tablespoons of dried lavender (Farmer's Market)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (Grocery Store)
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil (Michael's)
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil (Michael's)
- Silicone Molds (Michael's)
Published April 20th, 2017 4:50 PM
2 of 15 comments