Steampunk House Address Monogram
Who says that you have to have a boring typical house address? Let’s spruce it up with something fun and different like a steampunk monogram.
You’ll need chalk paint, gears and keys, stencils, mosaic tiles, and E6000 glue.
First, I started with this pretty beat up and sad looking letter I found at the store. I wanted to update it and make it look cool. So, I took some chalk paint and coated the entire letter in black.
Then, I painted a light blue over number stencils.
I used E6000 to adhere these gears I found from the jewelry department, and I spaced them out so I’ll have room to plan out the mosaic tiles.
I started to plan out the border, and apply the tiles. Then after I finished the border, I filled in the monogram with tiles.
This took time to do, but the result was very satisfying!
I love how bright it is, but with an edgy steampunk vibe :D
- Gears and Keys (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
- E6000 Glue (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
- Chalk Paint (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
- Stencils (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
- Large Wooden Letter (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
- Mosaic Tiles (Michael's Arts and Crafts)
Published June 4th, 2017 11:09 PM
2 of 7 comments