Unicorn SPiT is the Stuff Dreams Are Made Of!
Enjoyed the project?
- Unicorn SPiT Colors: Pixie Punk Pink, Midnight’s Blackness, Blue Thunder, Navajo Jewel, Purple Hill Majesty, Roswell, Phoenix Fire, Lemon Kiss, White Ning. (www.unicornspit.com)
- A water filled Spray Bottle (dollar store)
- Detail brushes, flat paintbrush (craft store)
- Paper plates, paper towels, styrofoam bowls, hairdryer (household items)
- Famowood Glass Coat two part epoxy resin (Lowes)
- Wooden board, 2' x 2' (Lowes)
- Plastic spreader (found in paint department) (Lowes)
- Pencils to sketch design, tweezers (household item)
- Plastic mixing containers for epoxy ( found in paint department) (Lowes)
- Heat gun (Lowes)
Join the conversation
Serendipity House LLC on May 01, 2017One of my favorites- the color and the movement is outrageous!!! Thank you for taking us along as you created it.
Jessica Serrano-Gregg on Aug 02, 2018
You said you’re 17? Wow!!! I’m absolutely floored and inspired by you. I have so much more faith in our young people after reading your amazing post. It’s extremely well written, easy to follow but yet your personality shines through! You should be very proud of yourself as I’m absolutely certain your parents are. You’re very talented AND can explain your process. I’m so impressed by you! I also wanted to say thanks for explaining the epoxy coating process step by step. It does scare me!! Now I’m not as terrified to try it on my art. Since you’re so knowledgeable about the unicorn spit, do you have any color mixing recipes you can share with me? I’d love to know!! Also have you tried adding any mediums like mica to them? I’m dying to pick your brain and if you have any cool ideas, techniques and other stuff like that that you could share with a Unicorn SPiT newbie?? Videos lol?
this is a stunningly Gorgeous piece of art and probably the best tutorial I’ve ever read anywhere. Heck, I’m proud of you and I don’t even know you! Please keep being you and spreading your knowledge, beautiful art, positivity and inspiration to the rest of us.The worlds a better, brighter and certainly is a more beautiful place with you in it! Wow! Just wow...
Abbie Lummus on Aug 02, 2018
Thank you! I keep trying to work on my artwork! I am super passionate about it and have been exploring a lot of other mediums too. I am glad you were helped by my post!
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?