Easy DIY Laundry Room Accent Wall (using Marble Peel & Stick Tile)
This post was sponsored by Renobaord. All opinions are my own.
Easy DIY Laundry Room Accent Wall
Create an easy accent wall without the need for any special tools or grout
This post is sponsored by Renoboard
Alright y’all the never ending project is officially about to get one step closer to being complete!
We have been working on this walk-in closet/laundry room renovation for a hot second now but today we are about to make some major progress!
Now that the washer & dryer have been officially moved into their forever home it’s time to make them feel welcome with an absolutely gorgeous accent wall!
So far we have painted the walls Alabaster white & added this new swanky light!
It’s a big improvement but I really want this space to pop so we thought the White Marble Style Renoboard would be perfect!
The boards are created to look like popular building materials, but have more flexibility & lighter weight for easier installation!
- Measuring Tape
- Adhesive (optional)
- The first thing we had to do was sand the uneven parts on the wall. Our walls aren’t textured, but there was some screw damage so we needed to lightly sand it.
If the walls were textured, they would need to be sanded, primed, & painted
2. After we sanded down the problem areas we wiped the entire wall down with a degreaser.
3. Finally it was time to start applying the boards! They are peel & stick so no need for messy grout, wet saw, or any fancy tools.
They are easy to cut using scissors or a box cutter so you could create fun shapes & install them in any direction you want!
We are gonna start from the top & work our way down.!
4. Starting with the top left hand corner we peeled off the sticky backing & placed our tile making sure it was level on the wall.
5. Once you like the placement press it down firmly, then work your way across the wall.
6. When we got to the outlets, we marked the necessary cutouts on the board, then cut them out with scissors.
Renoboard boards are designed to cover more area than average peel & stick products so this went super fast! Like why didn’t we do this sooner, fast!
7. Our walls were not exactly perfect in a few spots & we needed a little extra adhesive so we simply applied Gorilla Glue to the back of a few of the boards before placing them.
Now that the wall is complete I wanted to add some shelves for all our laundry essentials.
- Started by spray painting these silver shelf brackets metallic gold.
- Next, I cut down 1×8 boards to size & stained them with Sunbleached stain.
- Once my shelf parts were ready we simply screwed the brackets into studs & we were in business!
Y’all how gorgeous is our new laundry room accent wall?!
It is the exact pop this wall desperately needed.
Renoboard can be installed on any interior wall & it’s waterproof so now the future shower project walls are dancing in my head!
They have a lot of different style boards, check them all out here & let me know which one you think would be perfect for the shower!
A girl can dream right 😉
Check out the rest of our walk-in closet/laundry room renovation here!
Flipturn on Dec 01, 2021
The tiles certainly spruce up the look of the back wall. As for increased efficiency of the laundry room, I would highly recommend that you now spend a few more dollars and fill in the empty unused space in between the appliances, and cover the corners and side gaps next to the walls. This will not only make the tops of the appliances easier to keep clean, it will also eliminate lint, dust, and single socks! from falling down into hard-to-reach places.